Checkmarx , the global leader in software security solutions for DevOps and strategic Ackcent partner for S-SDLC services, has been named a winner in Cyber Defense Magazine’s 2019 Black Unicorn Awards during Black Hat USA 2019 in Las Vegas. The award recognizes Checkmarx significant growth trajectory in software security and future potential as a cybersecurity market leader. Notably, this comes on the heels of the company’s continued strong business momentum, securing 60% year-over-year revenue growth for the first half of 2019.
Checkmarx competed over a five-month period against many of the industry’s leading providers of cybersecurity products and services for this prestigious award. The term “Black Unicorn” signifies a cybersecurity company that has the potential to reach a $1 billion or greater market value as determined, by private or public investment.
“We, judges, felt that Checkmarx deserved to be named a Black Unicorn Awards winner for 2019 because they have the team, technology, drive and hypergrowth curve to potentially become a cybersecurity unicorn”, Robert Herjavec, David DeWalt and Gary Miliefsky.
Checkmarx’s recent business highlights and recognition include:
- Named a June 2019 Gartner Peer Insights Customers’ Choice for Application Security Testing, receiving the most five-out-of-five star reviews of any company listed in the market
- Named a Leader in the 2019 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Application Security Testing for the second consecutive year
- Launched significant enhancements to its CxOSA solution which detects vulnerabilities in open source code, deepening the company’s stake in the software composition analysis market
- Grew employee base to more than 580 employees worldwide
- Featured on the 2019 JMP Securities’ list of “Elite 80”, which ranks the hottest, most-strategically positioned private firms in the cybersecurity, data management and IT infrastructure industries
- Recognized as a finalist in the 2019 SC Awards in the categories of “Best Security Company” and “Best Vulnerability Management Solution”
“Joining the Black Unicorn club is a testament to our market leadership, vision and future potential in software security, as well as our significance in the broader cybersecurity industry”, said Emmanuel Benzaquen, CEO of Checkmarx. “Today’s organizations are quickly realizing the full scale and potential risks centered around software exposure and are increasingly turning to Checkmarx to help them embed security into every stage of their software development lifecycles. We are proud to be setting the new standard for software security that’s powerful enough for today’s and tomorrow’s risks”.
For more information about Ackcent's S-SDLC services click here .